Tina's Quest For An Ironman!

Sometimes the most important thing in a day is the rest we take between two deep breaths. Elly Hillesum

Friday, January 11, 2008

Headed to Hawaii as a Coach for Lavaman

The family is not traveling to Hawaii this year with me. We have a great team going, and I cannot tell you how happy I am to be able to be connected to such an amazing group of people. The team will ride Del Dios tomorrow then run and ride down Del Dios. This is a brick. Two sports back to back. Some teammates and I are going to visit our friend, Ginger's family, Bonnie at Kaiser in SD. Bonnie was diagnosed with Leukemia and will start chemo tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day to celebrate RECOMMITMENT. The team will have a potluck & bonfire at Coronado Beach tomorrow night. I am going to drive home after the hospital to pick up Thomas & Scott and head back to SD. Recommitment, if you remember, is the time where teammates commit to complete the season and will have raised 25% of the dollars required for their event.

I made it to the gym once this week, have found out how little training I've done since Vineman and feel the need to get back in it again. Coach Gurujan is working on his recovery and a friend, Kevin, has an article in the TCSD (Triathlon Club of SD) newsletter that is very inspirational. Also, I have recently being following a young woman named Ali on a Care Page Blog published through City of Hope. Ali passed away due to complications of her blood related cancer @ 14. Her mom posted today to say how much everyone has helped this family through the struggle. I know riding tomorrow she will get me up the hill! I need to remember to check on my friend Deb too. Her mom is going through treatment for Lymphoma at the moment.

The gym was 54 minutes bike (I was late) then some strength training- abs, arms and upper body. Okay my feet are cold and I need to get up in five hours and head south!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home